- Saturday- Assignments day. We will be going through 1 chapter/week so you don't miss out on "real life" opportunities to put what you are reading into practice.
- Monday- Occasionally Sally has a fabulous series on her blog called "Mentoring Mondays." Although I haven't seen many posts lately, I will either link that here or send you to another "mentoring" blog for encouragement.
- Wednesday- I mentioned the link/QR code in the back of each chapter. This is the day that I will recommend you watch that video, or you can wait until you finish the chapter if you fall behind.
- Thursdays- FUN DAY! Your turn to share too! Easy craft ideas, recipes, tips, etc. This gives you plenty of time to get what you need for the weekend. This is optional, but makes for fun times with your kids!
- Friday- Today we will dive into discussing the book and Bible verses. Write your answers down in your book, notebook, etc. Write the verses out as well-imprint them on your heart. You can also use a Dictionary, Commentary, or tools at Study Light to help you dig deeper into the word. Some days, it may lead to a topical study, etc. You can also personalize them by inserting your name into them.
Friday, July 19, 2013
Built on Wisdom (B.O.W.) Introduction to Desperate
Welcome to our little corner of the world!! I am so excited to start reading this book with you. I pray that you grow closer to Jesus, to your children, develop friendships, and feel encouraged. Since I started homeschooling, and staying home with my children almost three years ago, I have been an avid reader of the wonderful inspiration of Sally Clarkson. You don't have to be a homeschooler to enjoy the beautiful writing of this lady. Her encouragement is amazing. She also travels and speaks if you catch her at a venue nearby!
Written together with Sarah Mae, (love her blog too), this book was written with us weary moms in mind. From the back cover:
Motherhood turns you inside out. Sometimes you feel overwhelmed by how tired you feel; the days go on and on, and you want to be a "good" mom, but you feel like a failure so much of the time. What happened to all your ideals? When did you end up feeling so....lost?
This is a beautiful story of an older woman following the example set forth in Titus 2:3-5. As Sarah describes in the introduction, Sally actually pursued her. What follows is this beautiful book, where Sarah and Sally take turns sharing glimpses of their letters back and forth, intermixed with their story told by each one's point of view. In the back of each chapter, and the introduction, you will find a QR code and a web address if you don't have a smart phone/tablet. This links to a beautiful short video with these two amazing ladies. The end of each chapter also has Bible verses, encouragement and "assignments."
The blog post with the schedule is found here. For ease of use, I will re-post it here as well. The study starts Friday, July 19th!!
Can't wait to begin!!
The wise woman builds her house,
But the foolish one pulls it down with her hands.