Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2013

B.O.W. Countdown Begins!!


AND....the countdown begins! One week away from our study of Desperate by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson. This book is available for purchase as an ebook, on Amazon, and in most Barnes and Noble or Lifeway bookstores. Look under Sally Clarkson to find it. Even if you don't have a Kindle or smart phone, you can download the Kindle app on your computer for free here.

The schedule can be found here. We will kick-off the study Friday, July 19th, with an introduction to the book and to each other. Then, on Saturday, the reading schedule/assignments, (one chapter a week), will be posted.

I am so excited about this! Just last night, I was on my way home from the store listening to a program on the radio. They were talking about older women mentors and how we should search for them. 

This was a VITAL part of the early church/early Biblical days. Community. Women helping women and growing together as godly wives, mothers, and closer to our Lord Jesus Christ. Our culture today demands far too many women to work, and far too many people retreating to the world of social media because these "real life" women are hard to find. What a wonderful revival it would be in our churches, if we women went back to these days! To not have to do this thing alone.

Many of us look up to our mom's to fill this role. That is wonderful! When I lived in my hometown, I did just that with my mom and my grandma. But now? I'm over 500 miles away from them both and feel sorely isolated. I attended a wonderful program our church put on last year called "Apples of Gold" which is all about mentoring/Titus 2 women. However, I got a bad case of bronchitis and 3 weeks of bedrest (which I modified ha ha). I am also shy about walking up to random strangers and saying, "Will you mentor me?"

So, what do we do? How have you found a mentor in your life? What do you do when you move away from yours, and although you have many by phone/text/internet, you crave that "real life" component? Share with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment