|Image courtesy of Photobucket|
The hard question comes everyday, "Mom! What's for dinner?" We are all in a busy season of life around here so many of our meals are pretty 'quick' meals. I just dropped my oldest son off to volunteer at the church's basketball camp, and his brother will join him later in the week. So this week, it's all about simplicity. Here's what is cooking at our house today, and a 'guest post' by my son, who fixed a fantastic desert this week-perfect for summertime!
Chicken Italian with Angel Hair Pasta:
*Note: this recipe will feed my family of 6, including one dad and two growing teen boys, and yields leftovers. I use one of the large crockpots, if you have a smaller one, adjustments will need to be made and I will put those in parentheses
SO EASY and SO good!! Now, L, my 12 year old son is going to tell you about the Lemonade Stand Pie he made from the cookbook, If I Gotta Cook Make It Quick! He was assisted in this recipe by his 4 and 6 year old sisters, so this is something you can get the whole family involved in!
Lemonade Stand Pie:
Hey, this is L, bringing deliciousness into your home! I'm going to tell you how to make this simple, delicious recipe in 5 easy steps. Here is the recipe for Lemonade Stand Pie:
6 ounces of lemonade (any kind)
2 cups of ice cream (vanilla)
8 ounces of whipped cream
1 8-inch graham cracker crust
1. Start by pouring the lemonade into an electric mixer (or you can hand mix it, whichever is easier for you). Mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
2. Slowly pour in the ice cream. The mix will look a little weird, but it will get better, trust me.
3. Slowly pour in the whipped cream. The mix should start thickening.
4. Pour the mix into the graham cracker crust. You can make your own, or buy a crust from the store. We bought a crust from the store.
5. Freeze, then let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Now, get out there and enjoy this day with your kiddos, knowing supper AND desert can be taken care of very quickly!
Do you have any 'quick' go to recipes you could share with us? If so, please let us know in the comments below or on the Facebook page. Thank you!