You see, mamas, life is not Pinterest perfect. It is not always blog worthy. Mercy, sometimes it's not even Kodak worthy. But it's real....and it's beautiful....and it's hard. Oh, it's hard. As we begin to tackle the book Desperate by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson next month, you will see that.
I have always loved Sarah Mae's writings, and for even longer, I have looked up to Sally Clarkson. Previewing this book selection, and beginning to read it, my heart was comforted as I realized that these two ladies are REAL. They share that realness in the book. Take heart mom, I'm going to tell you a little secret I am sure of. NO ONE finishes everything they "pin" on Pinterest! Everyone has "off" days, "weary" days, "REAL" days. Take comfort in knowing that.
Some favorite verses of mine in the weary seasons:
- Galatians 6:9~ And let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:24~ Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. (this reminds me that when I had these babies, He called me to motherhood. He didn't leave me to do it on my own. He will help me, even in my weakness.)
- 2 Corinthians 12:9~ And He said to me,"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (right there says it. His strength is made perfect in MY weakness. He will help me.)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup water (3/4 cup works better, add more if it doesn't knead easy)
- Food coloring (optional-this just changes the color to whatever you want)