Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Homeschool Grades~A Mosaic Review

Having one child in high school already, I was excited to review My Home School Grades, an online program which takes a lot of the stress out of tracking grades, classes, credits, and so much more....ALL IN ONE PLACE! You can use your own curriculum AND lesson plans, as well as your own grading scale. This program also provides you the ability to track extracurricular activities.


Here is a picture of my students screen, available after you log-in


As you can see, as soon as I log-in, I am able to not only see my son's GPA, (not current because I haven't put all of the grades in yet-we are finishing up our school year here), but I can also see how many credits he has so far.

There are several well known curriculum publishers already saved into the database to choose from, such as: Alpha Omega and Apologia to name a few. The company states that you can also request specific curriculum to be added. I have not done that, however, so I cannot state that as a factual experience for this reviewer. We are pretty eclectic around here, so that is difficult for us anyway. Abeka is a text that we used, and they are not included in the list.

There are many features to this site, not just Transcripts, although that is a big bonus. You can go in and add individual Lesson Plans for each child, which is a good thing if you need to keep track of that for your state. I prefer to use pencil and paper systems, as I am not on my laptop very often.

There are many informative videos on the website for you to get a true 'feel' for the program. 

The cost? $49.99 for a LIFETIME membership. Yes, I said LIFETIME. There is also a FREE two week trial available here

And yes....there ARE apps available for this!! You can even keep track on your smartphone or tablet.

This is a close-up view of the courses, credits and grades for the current year.


One of the 'cons' for us is that you are only able to keep track of a certain school year. For us considering a subject based vs. a traditional school year based transcript, this could possibly cause some issues and may make the high school years look 'lopsided'. That is the only con that I see. That, and I am more likely to keep track of things with pencil and paper. That said, I really may try to be more intentional in using this program. I can see a HUGE benefit with just pressing the print button and creating a Transcript.




No comments:

Post a Comment