- The Teacher's Handbook (PDF format)- full of wonderful ideas to use any or all of their products. It gives you, the parent, or the teacher (recommended for use in schools as well), ideas and explanations for using the products. It does not, however, go into detail about each virtue. That is on the back of the Parenting and/or Teacher's cards. (more about those later).
- Printable Butterfly Awards- these come FREE in their kits in PDF form and are full of color! They may also be ordered separately. Award your child who shows consistent behavior in each virtue. My girls love butterflies so they were so excited when they got their award for being consistently "Gentle"
|(The girls with their Gentle Butterfly Awards!)|
- Kids of VirtueVille Coloring Pages- These also come FREE in the kits, or available extra in PDF form for $3.00. Sixteen pages of fun coloring each 'kid of virtue' and a word search! My girls simply adored learning about Oboe Joe and then coloring his picture!
- Family Character Assessment- These are FREE on their website: We Choose Virtues. Gets the whole family involved! This is a self assessment to determine where each family member's character is right now. We used this as a tool for discussion with the older boys. In many areas, I thought they were harder on themselves than need be. We discussed their strengths and weaknesses. We discussed their identity in Christ and that even though they were not a '10'- no one but Jesus is perfect. We discussed ways we could improve in this area.
|(Self assessment in pencil, my assessment in ink. The older boys did this and it was a wonderful opportunity to build their confidence, discuss small weaknesses, and point them to Christ!)|
- Virtues Flash Cards (NIV version)- my absolute favorite part!! These are sturdy, full color, beautifully illustrated cards. Whatever version you choose-(NIV, KJV, secular)-will determine what all is on the back. The Bible versions include a verse, the secular ones do not. The positives and the "I am Not's" are on the back. On the front is the virtue, as well as the kid that represents that virtue. For example--I am Obedient is Oboe Joe! These cards also come with another card that has fun game ideas on it and other ways to use these.
They are running a promo special through the month of April. Use code HOME20 for 20% off of the Homeschool Kit!
Another great deal is code VIRTUE15 for 15% off--I assure you that you will not be disappointed in any of their products!!
How we used these products:
Check out what the other Mosaic Review Team members are saying: