Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Remember...


Sometimes God calls to remembrance those things oft forgotten from the past. Words He spoke into our hearts during time spent with Him. Precious promises we were standing on but then life got in the way. The floodwaters came and we forgot yet another promise from the 43rd chapter of Isaiah:

Isaiah 43:1-2~ But now, this is what the LORD says-He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. (NIV 84)

The Life Application Bible notes put it this way: Going through rivers of difficulty will either cause you to drown or force you to grow stronger. If you go in your own strength, you are more likely to drown. If you invite the Lord to go with you, He will protect you.

We have faced so many tough battles over the last four years. Although not quite finished yet, portions of it are in a series starting here. The Lord has been so merciful and gracious to my family. He has been my whole life in fact. Calling me to Himself while I ran about life my own way. Running away when I should have been running towards Him. You see, I was that one lost sheep from Luke 15:4. Jesus in all His mercy was longsuffering with me.

Recently we have faced more battles. More trials. More decisions.....
I was growing weary. Wounded. Weak....tired. 
Until recently He called to my attention to return and remember. To recall the "goodness of the Lord'. 
I stumbled upon notebooks. Many notebooks. FULL of Scripture, commentary, dates, times, battles and occasions. Notebooks scattered from 2009-2011 when the battle was raging with my sons, my daughter, and my health from the Our Story series I linked above.

Hebrews 10:32~ Remember those earlier days, after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. (NIV 84)

You see, these battles began before I even hit the altar. However, you see, He was calling me before they began. I began to 'dabble' in my Bible reading some. When crisis hit, I had my grandma called into prayer for me. To me, the very presence of her signified that God's presence came with her. She was THAT close to Him.

The day I hit that altar and decided I no longer wanted religion OR the world, but I wanted a personal relationship/discipleship with Jesus Himself, was when the battle began to heat up. In just 5 short months we would be facing an immeasurable crisis. It broke my heart but it brought me to Jesus.

Today, I am reminded that it is time once again, to remember the past. To recall to mind all that the Lord has done for us. To persevere and draw close to Him yet again.


Lamentations 3:19-21~ I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. (NIV 84)

Jesus promises to never leave nor forsake us. Though we may be going through the trials of life, though the wind and the storms may rage, we have a God who never changes. Who is not shaken by life. A God who keeps His promises.
Today, let's remember the goodness of the Lord. That the shed blood and broken body of our Savior was to bring us reconciliation to God. That we all have sinned and fallen short. But we have a merciful God who wills that none should perish, but all should be saved. Reach out to Him today. Wherever you are. Call upon His name. Cry out to Him. Remember the goodness of the Lord.

Whatever it is you were standing for and believing in, no matter what it looks like right now, walk by faith and not by sight. Take your eyes off of your problems and place them on your God. Remember....Remember HIM.







Deep Roots At Home

Stop by the blog today for some great encouragement mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment